So after mulitple failed attempts to sit down and start blogging I have finally managed to grab an hour and just get on with it. So where to begin… well I have promised myself that I will endeavour to write a new blog each week, the content of which even I am interested to see. It will basically involve how my life and life at the Baby Loft is evolving & unfolding. You see I currently have two babies in my life, both are roughly the same age there is Olivia my little girl who is almost 3 years old and there is The Baby Loft, my baby equipment hire business which is a tad younger at 2.5 years old. Both of which enhance & enrich my life in different ways of which I will share with you as we go along.
So a little Baby Loft background for you, I started the business whilst on maternity leave with Olivia. She was such a good baby, ate when she was supposed to, slept when she was supposed to that dare I say it I was bored. I would literally save up outings and distribute them to different days of the week so I had a purpose to fill my days alongside my perfectly behaved little baby. I.e food shopping on a Monday, the bank on a Tuesday, baby massage on a Wednesday you get the picture. Luckily I have a hubby who won’t listen to my whinging for too long, to him everything is black & white, so his answer to my boredom was to “do something about it …. think of something that will fill your time and get your brain going again.” I told him about an idea that had been brewing since I had had Olivia concerning Baby equipment rental. He was sold and between the two of us every evening for the next 6 months was spent building & growing the Baby Loft idea.Needless to say my days swung from not having enough to keep me busy to absolute overload, you forget that a newborn that sleeps most of the time is only a fleeting guest and my baby girl quickly became a hive of activity. But hey if I am not busy I am not happy.
So here we are today with an amazing toddler who brightens up my world (more about my lil lady in another blog) two online Baby Equipment hire services called The Baby Loft and Rentabuggy which is a newly acquired business of the same concept that I want to play about with but again we can save that for a later blog.
So back to the businesses. Whats it all about – well in a nutshell we hire out baby equipment and the types of customer that use our service are :-
- Tourists visiting from overseas (saves the stress of carting all of your own equipment and paying the excess baggage fees to boot).
- Grandparents & relations for when family comes to visit (saves having to buy and store equipment that only gets used but a couple of times a year)
- New mums just wanting to “road test” a piece of equipment before committing to buying it.
- Hotels, Nurseries & Event planners (venues often lack highchairs & equipment to accommodate young babies)
- Relocation companies – we can offer baby & nursery packages on short or long term rental
- Production companies – ever wondered where the baby equipment in shown on TV comes from